1. What communities are part of the West Kootenay Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot?
2. What industries will be hiring skilled foreign workers?
The pilot will bring in skilled foreign workers to fill jobs that have gone unfilled locally. Examples of industries currently experiencing a worker shortage in the West Kootenay include mining and metallurgy, forestry, manufacturing, health care, transportation, construction, education, and technology. The Pilot allows the community to set its own criteria and select the “best fit” candidates to endorse.
3. How do I get a job?
4. How do I hire someone through the program?
If you are interested in hiring staff through this program, you can email us. Be sure to include the subject line “RNIP Employer”.
5. What if I am already working in the West Kootenays?
If you are already employed in a full time, non seasonal job that meets the wage, language and experience criteria (see Applicants Eligibility in the Community Criteria tab) please contact us for more information on how to apply.
6. What is the process for the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot?
Here is a step-by-step guide to the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot:
7. How long will the West Kootenay RNIP be accepting applications?
The West Kootenay RNIP will accept applications until early December 2022.
8. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has developed a frequently asked questions web page to assist you in finding answers to immigration related questions.
Please click here to access the resource.