Thank you for your interest in the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot project. Please review the information below and follow the steps carefully. For all community-based questions, please direct them to contact us. For all other questions regarding the pilot, please go to IRCC’s website.
Please note: Employers must be located (or have business) in this region to participate in the pilot.
1. Ensure that your business meets the federal eligibility requirements
2. Review the Employer and Community Criteria to ensure that your business is eligible for RNIP in the West Kootenay region.
3. Contact the Regional Coordinator
4. Job Offer form IMM5984 and Employer Declaration Form
- Conduct normal hiring procedures once candidates apply to your job postings. Complete and sign an IMM 5984 Offer of Employment Form for the candidate that best fits your position.
- Fill out the Employer Declaration Form
- Contact the Community to verify all details of the job offer that you wish to submit.
5. Instruct and assist the candidate
- Instruct the candidate to apply to the Community on our Applicants tab, ensuring that they submit their Offer of Employment Form and Employer Declaration form before applying to RNIP.
- Assist the candidate throughout the recommendation period and the subsequent Permanent Resident application with IRCC.
- After a successful application, businesses must refer the newcomers to local settlement services and must offer peer mentoring services.
- Business will comply with the required information sharing arrangement with IRCC regarding the newcomer(s) to the Community.
The West Kootenay selection Committee will review the candidate’s information against mandatory federal and community prioritization criteria, assigning points where applicable and verifies documentation. Highest scoring applicants are interviewed; lower scoring applicants stay in the consideration pool for up to 2 months. After 2 months if the lower scoring applicant has not received a Community Recommendation the process ends. The applicant may choose to apply again.
The employer is responsible for recruitment and standard human resource screening of a candidate for position suitability. West Kootenay RNIP is not involved in the employer / candidate selection process.
Fraud and Misrepresentation
Fraud and misrepresentation are taken very seriously by the Community and by IRCC. Any business or individuals found to be misrepresenting themselves or committing fraud will be banned from applying for recommendation for the duration of the pilot, along with any associated parties.
Misrepresentation and fraud can take many forms including but not limited to:
- Submission of fraudulent documents
- Accepting or offering money for a job offer
- Intentionally misleading the Community
It is important to note the following:
- All decisions made by the Community are final and are not subject to appeal.
- Receiving a recommendation from the Community does not guarantee permanent residence; IRCC has sole authority to approve or refuse all applications for permanent residency.